Confusion. My poor brain does not do well with surprises.
Anyway, assuming I'm actually operating this system properly, let me tell you about my awesome weekend. (This was supposed to post Monday but I had Technical Difficulties getting the pics off my phone).
A friend has been recommending the restaurant run by students at a technical college near my house for a YEAR now. Yes, a full year. And I finally made a reservation last week and we went Friday night and oh, it was spectacular. Scallops and rabbit and truffles and swordfish and more scallops and basically just death by awesome food, plus cheerful friendly waitstaff, a helpful sommelier (for the DDH), and when I told the waitress I "couldn't" have wine (but not why), a different waiter rushed over with sparkling peach juice for me.
Oh yes. So lovely.
Then Saturday morning I had to work and it was miserable so we'll skip over that to--driving to Oklahoma City for an impromptu roadtrip!
Friday night (nothing like the last minute, right?), I asked the DDH if it would be crazy for us to drive to OKC for Megan at SortaCrunchy's book release party Saturday night.
He said yes, if I expected him to drive back to Tulsa afterward, it was crazy. But if we got a hotel room and made a weekend out of it, it wasn't.
So we packed up the dogs (for the first time ever! it was too late notice to find a sitter) and hit the open road.
Things I loved:
- The wildflowers growing along the side of the highway.
- Meeting Megan (finally!) face to face and hearing her read from her book. She is as warm and friendly and awesome in person as via the internet, and at some point I hope we can meet again.
- And meeting Laura, too, who was a gracious and friendly hostess.
- Picking up some excellent hooker boots at the new outlet mall (which was otherwise rather a disappointing place).
- The La Quinta where we stayed didn't just accept dogs but had a lovely courtyard with baggies and trash cans for walking your canine companions--very nice!
- A lazy retro lunch at Pops.
But the highlight of the weekend was definitely the dog park with the pond for the dogs to swim in. Watching Jayne fulfill his Labrador Retriever destiny of retrieving things from the water was just too much cuteness.
|Kaylee didn't care for swimming. She would run to the edge|
of the water and stare at Jayne until he came back safely.
|Jayne and his new Corgi friend.|
|What he was bred to do.|
|The only picture of Kaylee swimming (she's the splashy one in|
the middle of the photo and Jayne's the dark speck farther
How were your weekends, friends? And how do you face Monday graciously after such a good time?