Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I am dressed (don't ask much more of me)!

I don't know if everyone can tell yet, but I am really starting to have to change how I dress thanks to the T-Rex belly.

Only my black work pants still fit. These pants must be magical, since they fit when I weighed 180 and they fit when I weighed 150 and they fit now.
 
Top: Target; cami: Old Navy; pants: old old.
I think it's just the angle and the fact that it was a first-thing-in-the-morning slump here, but you can see that I'm definitely, ah, filling out my shirts more than I used to. We went for our ultrasound that day, so I just wanted to keep it simple.

Tops: Old Navy; belt: Goodwill; pants: old.
Saved by the belt! The days where I add a belt make a big difference in how I look. The problem is that a lot of my belts are starting to strain going around my middle....

Blouse: Gap; pants: Target.
Possibly the last day my gray pants still fit. They're in the wash; we'll see how they fit when they come out.

I always feel like this outfit should look better than it does. I bought the blouse because it was different; it seemed grown-up and professional. But it just doesn't fit right. You can't really see the details in this picture, but it ends up looking odd. I hate to give up a piece that I want to love so much, but I may need to do just that.

Shirt and cami: Old Navy; belt: Target;
pants: old.
Again, the belt really helps bring the outfit together. Unfortunately, this belt is elastic under the pretty metal links, and I'm afraid if I keep wearing it I'll stretch out the elastic and ruin it.

So that's what my very-early-stages-of-transitioning-into-maternity-wear wardrobe. At some point I guess I'll have to break down and buy actual maternity pants, but I am working the magic of those two pairs of black slacks for as long as it lasts!

In my off-work hours, I've been wearing a lot of skirts and dresses. I wear those to work sometimes, too, but it's so cold in the office and so hot outside, it's hard to balance the layers. Plus, a lot of times those outfits accentuate the baby bump rather than hide it, and I still haven't told my boss I'm pregnant. I suspect there won't be any hiding it by the time I get back from vacation, though.

It's Wednesday, and that's what I wore. What are y'all wearing this week?
How do you dress for those in-between times when you're not quite one thing or another?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you post this each week! Today, for the first time in about six months, I wore something other than jeans. I put on some fun, flowy gaucho pants cuz it's hot as hades out there. But I still am wearing the same combo of an Old Navy tee over an Old Navy tank, cuz I'm boring like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much of what I wear is just the same thing over and over again. But these posts really help me to experiment with my wardrobe, and, more importantly, remember the outfits I put together that I liked!

      Delete