Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I am dressed (don't ask much more of me)!

I'm on vacation this week, but here's what I've been wearing the past couple weeks:

Tops: Old Navy; pants: old.
Let's get this one out of the way first. I don't know if it's just the photo or what, but obviously not one of my most flattering wardrobe choices.

I admire people who can do the layering-of-a-button-down-shirt thing. But I think I'm doing it wrong.

Shirt: Loft; skirt: Sears; tights: Target.
I told you last week that I'm starting to sneak more skirts into the office now that my gray and brown slacks don't really fit anymore. I love this outfit. Those tights are shockingly purple--too purple for the office?

Shoes: Payless; tights: Target.
Excuse the photo of my foot in the bathroom; I was trying to show you how purple the tights are. Purple-er than that, even.

Anyway, to make the bright color work-appropriate, I kept the rest of the outfit simple and classy. All navy blue--the only contrasting color was the tights. And the skirt was fairly long (slightly below the knee), which limited how much purple was exposed.

Tank top: Old Navy; scarf: ?; jeans: Old Navy.
Let's play with belts for a moment, shall we? I wore this outfit to the office on Saturday with the scarf tied where my waist usually is. This cuts across my baby-belly now but makes your eye see the space as more pinched in. (Admittedly in the office I was actually wearing a giant sweater over the whole thing anyway.)

When I got home, I moved the belt up to where my waist is now, doing more of an empire-waisted look which accentuated the baby belly:

Not that different from the front.

But look! There's T-Rex.
Because when I'm not at work, I'd rather people know that I'm pregnant rather than just think that I'm fat. I worked hard to lose a bunch of weight so I didn't look like this. And though I'm carrying that weight differently, other people can't tell that. So it's still sort of frustrating at this stage.

Tank: Old Navy; belt: Goodwill; skirt: Old
Navy; necklace: WalMart.
It hit ninety-five on Father's Day. Cool and floaty seemed the way to go.

There's no way you can tell in these pictures, especially because I cut off my head, but my eyes are blue and my hair is brown and brown and blue just look good on me, okay?

Also, when I first got dressed, I didn't think of the belt and had the tank tucked in to the skirt. I wore it like that all through church, but I could tell it wasn't quite what I was going for. So I switched it up before we headed to the in-laws' for a Father's Day cookout, and I was so glad I did. I think I might bring this outfit to Michigan with me.

Dress and tank: Old Navy; tights: Target.
And finally, another I-don't-really-want-to-wear-black-pants-every-day office dress. It is cozy-comfy, but might make the baby bump more obvious than I really wanted. Oops.

So that's what I've been wearing! Hopefully next week I'll have a Vacation Edition post with pictures of me wearing clothing in exotic locales, like my aunt's bathroom mirror or something. ;-)

It's Wednesday and that's what I wore. What are y'all wearing this week?
How do you play with color in business-appropriate attire?

No comments:

Post a Comment