Friday, February 10, 2012

I am on Pinterest.

When Pinterest started to be a thing, I thought to myself, "Self, that is a bandwagon onto which you shall never hop. You, Self, are not a visual person, so what is even the point to a visual site?"

I've decided, however, that Not Being A Visual Person is precisely why Pinterest would be useful to me.

I have the most terrible ever in the world time with clothing and...it sounds weird to call having a pretty house "interior decorating," but I guess that's what you would call it.

No matter what you call it, I'm terrible at it. I can't vision how colors and patterns and shapes work together, because I am everything but a visual learner person. You know those questions on IQ tests where they show you a shape and ask you to pick what it would look like folded up?

Yeah, I suck at those.

So anyway. If I want to make my surroundings (and my clothes) prettier and more cohesive, I need to figure out this visualization thing. And if I can't do it in my head, maybe I can do it on the screen. Maybe patterns will pop up.

So I have a clothes board (Make It Work--I love you, Tim Gunn), and a home board (zu Hause, which means At Home). And why not keep a to-read list (Haltet der Literatur die Treue! which means, roughly, Hold true to literature, or hold literature dear, or whatever, I'm a terrible translator). And of course, a food board (Eat Me / Drink Me).

I'm sure either more will come or I'll give up on it completely, as I did with Google+. ^_^

Anywho. If you, too, are on le Pinterest, feel free to follow me. I'm SingingPenguin.

No comments:

Post a Comment