Saturday, January 14, 2012

I am achieving my goals.

So remember how one of my goals for 2012 was to cut my hair?
I had this elaborate plan to save up a bit of money and watch Groupon emails for a deal to a nice salon and go in and have a nice special trip to a fancy salon and a fancy shampoo and cut.

But it was really irritating me yesterday.

So when I got home from work I chopped it all off with a scissors.

Before

My usual hairstyle before.

This is from a few weeks ago, but it was about this long.

After

After.
Yup.

It took the DDH an hour to notice, despite the fact that this

Next to a paper towel roll for scale.

was lying on the kitchen table.

Once he noticed, though, he said it looked very nice. Isn't he a dear?

He also said it wasn't quite even but that he was not going to fix it for me. That doesn't seem quite fair considering he's always expecting me to shave the back of his neck evenly, but oh well.

A friend of mine from the gym has offered to even it up on Monday for me.

In the meantime, though, I like it. I feel a small pang of regret for all that hair--it's the longest it's ever been. I hadn't cut it since October 2009.

But as my mom always said, "It's hair. No matter what you do to it, it will grow out."

And I can check a goal off my list just thirteen days into 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment