Friday, March 30, 2012

What I am into this month: March.

We had one week of non-stop rain, but the rest of March has
been sunny and eighty.
On My Nightstand: Umm. I suspect I started out the month reading books, but I can't remember. I just keep slogging through baby books now...suggestions would be appreciated.

Ok, no, I'm still reading An Omnivore's Dilemma, and enjoying it. I'm reading a Jane Lindskold novel, Changer, that is making me homesick (Jane lives in Albuquerque and this novel is set there and in other parts of New Mexico). And I read the first book of The Hunger Games almost entirely in one evening while babysitting when the mom lent it to me. The problem is she only lent me the first one and there are approximately five million holds on the other two at the library.

Also, this. Painful and beautiful truth.
Want to Read: The items on my to-read list have only expanded, as I still haven't gotten my paws on a copy of Introverts in the Church or on the biography of Luther that I wanted. The library has neither. And like I said, I'm approximately hold number 5,678,934 on the second Hunger Games novel. So.
TV Show Worth Watching:  Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Castle, Bones (though now that I think about it I haven't seen Bones on Hulu in months...), Royal PainsCommunity. I've watched an episode or two of Alcatraz with the DDH (he watches way more tv than I do and follows a number of shows that I don't (I think because he tends to watch tv while I make dinner), so I'm behind on this one. I'd like to watch it because it seems interesting, but he's refused to wait for me to watch new episodes, so...we'll see. But it's by the Lost people and stars Hurly).
Movies I've Seen (in or out of a theater): We saw This Means War last weekend. It was very good in that it was hilarious and lots of stuff blew up (yes, I'm a thirteen-year-old boy that way), but I'm iffy on the ending. It didn't seem quite fair somehow. We've also watched the first two The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movies (the actual Swedish subtitled ones (or is it Danish? Scandinavian, anyway)). They're intense.
In My Ears: I've been spending so much time outside on the back porch that I never turn Pandora on anymore. And every single song on the radio makes me angry right now for some reason (hormones? Maybe. Or maybe all the radio stations around here play crappy music). If I get around to caring enough one of these days, I'm going to go scout out all Leigh's suggestions on how to find great music.
What I'm looking forward to next month: I don't even know anymore! If we can be done with this all-day-semi-sick thing that would be great. And I heart Easter, and I get a three-day weekend with Good Friday off, but...I either don't know what to expect or I'm dreading things. Like telling my boss. We'll see, April, we'll see.

Oh! But the farmer's market is back the week after Easter. And that is the happiest of happy dances.

And theoretically my first ultrasound appointment will be in April. That will be exciting, to see Critter. ^_^

Goal Progress: I posted some goals for the new year, and I figured these monthly wrap-up posts would be a good chance to check my progress throughout 2012.
The Budget: Yeah...so we've been doing really well with the budget (yay!). But admittedly we were supposed to get pregnant in the fall, not be having the critter in the fall. And as soon as I quit my job, the whole thing goes out the window. So obviously it needs some work.
The Garden: The plants I planted out there sprouted and...are still pretty much sprouts. This is disappointing. The pea plants seem to be growing really well, actually, but I was hoping for more progress from the lettuces and the carrots.

Food: Don't talk to me about food. I've been completely failing my cooking resolution, because standing up for five minutes makes feel like I'm going to pass out. I managed to make soup the other day and then almost threw it up yesterday. I did make another batch of granola bars and they are delicious. The only thing that helps my nausea is eating but the thought of food nauseates me...it's a conundrum.

The Craft Room: Is progressing, slowly. As, actually, is the office. The DDH cleaned up his half, anyway, and then some. This is good, as I'll need to have these rooms organized so I can actually find things and use them while toting around a baby (inside or out, either way movement will be more difficult). We also have to decide which room to turn into a nursery, and figure out when The Roommate is moving out (which is both yet more loss of income and sort of sad because it's been nice having another person around. But I don't think he'll want to stick around when there's a screaming newborn in the house).

How are you doing on your 2012 goals? What are you looking forward to in April?

Here comes the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment