Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I am dressed (don't ask much more of me)!

I have realized that I am not going to last another five weeks (technically--*gulp*--4.5) without buying some maternity tops. The few I've borrowed are a) mostly summery and b) size small, which means that they're not really effective maternity tops at this point, or won't be for much longer. Because while I love everyone who calls me "tiny" and "skinny," I am not and never will be a size small.

Anyway.

Shirt and cardi: Old Navy; pants: Kohl's;
jewelry: WalMart.
I quite liked this outfit. But all of my regular shirts...they're getting to be skintight around that baby belly and it's just not attractive.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the shirt is gray and the camisole is baby blue, which is one of my favorite color combinations.

Shirt: Old Navy; pants: Kohl's.
This shirt, too, though cut quite loosely through the middle (I tended to belt it before to help emphasize my waist since it was so drapey), is clearly getting to be too. tight.

Top: borrowed or consignment, I forget;
skirt: positively ancient. Like, middle school
ancient.
I attended a volunteer appreciation dinner with the DDH for a program he's involved with at work and needed to try and look relatively formal at the last minute. This is precisely the type of shirt that I often bought when I was younger because in theory it looks nice, but in practice it's quite unflattering. It's more flattering when you're actually pregnant (and this one is actually a maternity top and not just an empire waist), but pairing it with this skirt was a terrible idea. I felt so frumpy and weird.

Also, it's that polyester stuff that doesn't breathe at all and blech.

Tops: Old Navy; jeans: Kohl's.
I wore this outfit to our Saturday childbirth class. Other than the fact that the camisole is really too tight, and these maternity jeans are unnecessarily uncomfortable and kind of don't fit (I've learned I should not have bought any pants with that sort of thick half panel. It doesn't fit me right now that I'm bigger, segments me like an ugly worm, and is uncomfortable. Blah), I love this outfit.

So in other words, I like the color and style, just the clothes don't fit.

Sigh.

Top: borrowed; pants: Kohl's.
This outfit is tragic. Tragic, because it's adorable and I love the top.

Except the friend I borrowed maternity clothes from wears a small. And the armholes on this shirt sliced through my skin because it was juuuuuuust too small through the shoulders and ribcage.

Ow.

But it fit fantastically around the giant T-Rex belly!

I just can't win.

Shirt: When in doubt, guess Old Navy;
pants: Kohl's.
I can never decide if I love or hate this shirt and its weird sleeves. I loved them when I bought it. Every time I wear it I change my mind. Either way, it's getting to small for the T-Rex belly. Le sigh.

Oh, my new arm sweaters came in handy when wearing that shirt, though.

Overshirt: borrowed; cami: Old Navy;
pants: Kohl's
Last but not least, quite a reasonable outfit here. I like layers. I wish a maternity camisole didn't cost upwards of seventeen freaking dollars so I could get several to wear for the next few weeks. Because it's getting to the point where you can see the outline of my belly button and exactly where the support panels on the maternity pants end and it's just depressing.

I need to go through my sweaters this week to see which are baggy enough to wear. If I have a couple, maybe I can get away with just a long-sleeved t-shirt type thing or two. And some nursing camisoles, since I can use those afterward, too.

Blah! I was so proud of myself, not really buying anything new, clotheswise, and just making my normal wardrobe work for me through this pregnancy. But I am not getting any smaller and I still have a month to go. I'll try to stay away from anything too terribly season specific, but with my luck it'll be July or something next time I'm this huge :-)

What are y'all wearing these days? How do you dress for that final ginormous stage of pregnancy?


No comments:

Post a Comment