Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nursery Update

Y'all.

YOU. ALL.

Look!



I can't even tell you how happy I am with this room. It's all refinished and stained and painted and ready for the furniture and decorations.

The crib should theoretically be here by the end of the week. It better be, since my dad's supposed to help the DDH put it together when my parents are in town this weekend. My mom only ordered it last Wednesday, though, so we'll see. Nothing like the last minute....

The baby shower is on Saturday so we'll get all the bedding and curtains and things we picked out that my MIL bought us. I can't wait to see what it looks like all put together.

I've even stashed away all the T-Rex clothes we already have in the closet:

Tiiiiny little baby clothes!

Somewhat bigger baby clothes, sorted and labeled.
Everything else in this house is secondhand and inherited and mish-mashed together with no forethought. I'm living with a hideous hunter green accent wall in the living room (right when you open the front door. Right in a room that's dark to begin with. UGH) and yellow plaid wallpaper in the kitchen and ugly, odd-sized cabinets that nothing fits in properly. The rest of the house is still gross Berber carpet and looks-dirty-even-right-after-mopping linoleum and mint green tile.

But THIS ROOM is just how I want it. And it makes me so happy.

I can't believe what an amazing job the DDH did, and all by himself. I didn't even pretend to help do anything. Oh, I held the fan blades for him while he screwed them back in, and at one point I helped dust some things. But I don't think that counts, compared to all the sanding (by HAND) and staining and taping and painting and everything else he did. He's amazing. ^_^

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! When is your due date btw? The diaper bag is coming along great, but I just realized, if you're due super soon I should prolly hurry up a bit :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. November 12! So you have some time, hopefully. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Love love love! He did an awesome job!!! And the clothes hanging in the closet - so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? It is tremendously exciting. I have to update with the pictures of the crib soon. So adorable.

      Delete