Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I am dressed (don't ask much more of me)!

I don't know what it's like in your part of the country, but in Oklahoma, summer is here. It's hit ninety every day for the past week, and was 95 on Sunday.

Add to that a bunch of impending-but-never-quite-here storms and it is muggy and miserable. And it's still only May!

The problem is that it's 63 degrees in my office. Transitioning between 95 and 63 four times a day is quite a shock to the system--and the wardrobe.

So on work days I stick with the year-round standbys of pants and shirts. Usually I wear short sleeves in the summer and keep a fluffy sweater at the office to wear. If you actually saw me at work in any of these outfits, I would mostly resemble a wooly gray bear.

But for the rest of the time, here's what I've been wearing:

Shirt: Loft; belt: Target; pants: no idea.
It's possible I've put this exact same outfit up here before. I wear it a lot. The teal color is pretty and cheerful, and the belt ties it together nicely.

Also, I still haven't informed my work that I'm pregnant, so I've been wearing a looooot of belts in hopes of hiding the growing belly for a few weeks longer.

Cami and sweater: Old Navy; necklace: Stein
Mart; skirt: Walmart.
Meh. I wasn't too happy with this outfit somehow. I did end up trading the long pearl necklace for a shorter one, which helped. And getting my heels on helped as well. But somehow...I don't know.

This skirt used to be one of my go-to favorites. The embroidery is interesting, the cut is comfortable and fairly flattering. It is, however, a holdover from my pre-weightloss days, which is both why I thought to pull it out now and perhaps why I'm not happy with it. It just doesn't fit quite right anymore, and the length is weird. Meh.

I was much happier with this pairing with the skinny jeans I changed into after church. And then since it was so hot the sweater came off. You can't tell, but the tank is a pretty lavender color that I rarely wear. But somehow with the fake pearls the jeans-and-tank combo looked sweet and almost sophisticated.

Shirt: Old Navy? or H&M; belt: Goodwill;
jeans: Target.
I've had this shirt for a long time. It was one of my wardrobe staples in Germany (I can't remember if it was an Old Navy purchase I brought along or something I picked up at H&M while there, and I'm not at home so I can't check the label). The problem is that all the clothing I wore in Germany 1) I tend to have a strong emotional attachment to (especially the pieces I bought while there, even if just from H&M and not an actual German place) and 2) are really really worn out for being part of a very limited wardrobe that was worn to the max all over Europe.

Anyway. So I've hung onto this shirt and rarely wear it. It's a thicker material so has held up fairly well, but is a bit faded and, I don't know. Not quite work appropriate and it just doesn't get pulled out often.

But having paired it with this belt? (I am telling you, the magic of belts!) I think it will see greater use again. I love it with the casual brown belt, and though it's blue flip flops in the picture I actually wore some comfy leather sandals most of the day.

Shirt: Target?; belt: Target; pants: old.
This outfit is another frequent flyer here, but I posted it again for two reasons. One, to prove that sometimes I wear long sleeves even in the summer because it's just so darn cold in the office, and two:

Baby bump.

Riding up.
This belt isn't adjustable; it's elasticy but it hooks where it hooks and that's that. So all day at the office it kept riding up to my natural waist instead of staying put closer to my hips, where I'm trying to define my waist. And if you look at the profile, you can see why. Yes, that baby bump is starting to appear!

Critter is avocado sized now, apparently, so I suppose it's about time to make my belly protrude. ^_^

It's Wednesday, y'all. What are you wearing?

Linked up with What I Wore Wednesday at the Pleated Poppy, which I should have been doing for these posts all along except that I forgot what blog I originally found the idea on and decided to just hope everyone else knew what I was talking about. But now I found it again and I'm happy I did, because Poppy is adorable.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! It is all fabulous!

    I would be absolutely honored to have you link this up on my Casual Friday link up party starting today, it would be perfect!

    Thanks!
    Allison http://twothirtyfivedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Allison! I'm a little late to this week's party, but I'll do it next week for sure. ^_^

      Delete